Stars Training Academy
Stars Training Academy, a division of Stars Behavioral Health Group, (SBHG) collaborates with community agencies across North America to provide enriched training and customized consultation to achieve high fidelity and sustainable implementation of evidence-supported and evidence-based practices. The Stars Training Academy serves as the purveyor of the Transition to Independence Process (TIP) Model™.
The Stars Training Academy functions are as follows:
- Provides a range of clinical trainings for community-based programs
- Provides intensive training and consultation for implementation
- Builds site capacity for sustainability
- Collaborates with systems of care to build local youth and young adult empowerment
- Provides tailored technical assistance on systems, policy, and evaluation issues
The TIP Institute is a semi-autonomous entity that is under the SBHG umbrella. The TIP Institute is responsible for defining and applying fidelity and certification standards for the implementation and sustainability of the TIP Model™.
TIP Institute Functions are as follows:
- Certification of TIP Model™ Site-Based Trainers (SBT)
- Certification of TIP Informed Sites and TIP Model™ Sites
- Managing and conducting TIP Model™ Fidelity Assessments of Sites
- Conceptualizing, conducting and collaborating with evaluation and research on transitions topics
Joseph Solomita, LCSW, is the Managing Director of the Stars Training Academy and Dr. Hewitt “Rusty” Clark serves as senior clinical
consultant to the Stars Training Academy.
Stars Behavioral Health Group
To bring vision, passion, and humanity to behavioral healthcare, social services, special education, and other human services
To help individuals and families use their skills and strengths to achieve positive change, resiliency, and lasting wellbeing
To provide effective and efficient services through evidence-based practices and highly skilled, dedicated, and culturally competent staff
Our Core Values
Equip people with skills and appreciate their strengths
Enhance the lives of individuals and families
Embrace cultural diversity
Act with integrity
Stars Behavioral Health Group
We offer a full continuum of community and facility-based programs, as well as special education in public and nonpublic schools. We deliver a complete array of therapeutic services — including outpatient, Day Treatment Intensive, and acute and sub-acute inpatient treatment — all of which are grounded in clinically sound, best practices. We provide our services through contracts with county mental health, child welfare, and juvenile justice departments, as well as with public school districts. We employ evidence-based and other research-backed program models, and monitor client/family member satisfaction. We are innovators in using comprehensive Total Quality Management to support collaboration in day-to-day program management and service delivery throughout our organization. Together, these initiatives make us leaders among behavioral health-care providers.
Visit our website: Stars Inc.